BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ANALYST (On-Grid)
Position: Business Development Analyst (On-Grid)
Location: SunFarmer head office in Sankhamul, Kathmandu. Travel to project sites is expected.
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 1,800 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to bring clean, reliable energy to Nepal. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Business Development Analyst to join and support our rapidly growing team. The candidate will support and report to our Business Development Manager in Kathmandu.
1. Business Development responsibilities:
Create target customer list and identify project leads
Set-up appointments with potential clients
Work with the clients to develop projects and create a project pipeline
Prepare and present SunFarmer product offerings
Prepare a wide variety of correspondence reports, papers and documents using computerized systems. Draft non-routine correspondence and responses, and ensure follow-up action
Prepare project related proposals, reports
Conduct personal visits, correspondence and communication with government agencies, customs officers, partner companies and related stakeholders
Support the business development team in planning and developing strategies.
Support the business development team in execution of the teams plan and strategies
2. Project management responsibilities:
Help manage customer-facing processes after installation of solar energy system
Ensure that customers are satisfied with work that has been completed
Communicate with customers on ongoing basis to ensure that maintenance needs are addressed
Assist with payment collection
1. Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
2. Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
3. Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always working to improve your knowledge and skills
4. Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team. Willingness to put your team’s needs before your own and step up when needed is crucial
5. Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
6. Professionalism: You are organized and punctual, and you are a concise and efficient communicator. You are as comfortable presenting to business executives in Kathmandu as you are interacting with farmers in respective regions.
The person shall hold at least a Bachelors degree from a leading university, and have excellent have excellent writing, communication and presentation skills (both in English and Nepali). Masters’ degree in related field is preferred but not required.
Very strong communication skills. Ability to quickly build relationships
Sales will be an integral part of this role; prior sales experience is a huge plus
Must have both analytic skills as well as very strong writing skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Must have writing skills in both English and Nepali
Willingness to travel and work in the field
Two wheeler license
Deadline: 30th August 2019 (00:00 NST)
Why apply? This role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of solving Nepal’s energy challenge by working with SunFarmer’s industry-leading team. Come join us!
How to apply? Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with an e-mail subject line “Business Development Analyst (On-Grid)”.