Position: Engineering Intern
Duration: 3 months
Based in: SunFarmer Nepal Head Office, Sankhamul, Kathmandu. May be required to travel to project sites.
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 120 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities
We are currently looking for an Engineering Intern to support our Engineering team. The candidate will perform a variety of roles to support SunFarmer’s solar projects and will report to the Engineering Manager of SunFarmer Nepal head office in Kathmandu. Responsibilities include:
Prepare high-quality engineering drawings using appropriate engineering software (Solidworks/Google Sketchup/AutoCAD/Edraw Max) that includes:
- Site layout
- Component drawings
- Single line diagrams
- And others drawings as required by the projects
Test setup, data collection and reporting
SunFarmer will be conducting in-house testing of various equipment. Engineering Intern will be responsible to prepare the test rig, collect data and generate a report with analysis.
Support Technical Manager and Engineering Manager.
DELIVERABLES AND REPORTING SCHEDULE
Date Weekly (at end of week)
Deliverables Report to manager on the following:
- Progress on KPI (defined separately)
1. Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
2. Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
3. Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always working to improve your knowledge and skills
4. Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team. Willingness to put your team’s needs before your own and step up when needed is crucial
5. Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
6. Professionalism: You are organized and punctual, and you are a concise and efficient communicator. You are as comfortable presenting to business executives in Kathmandu as you are interacting with farmers in respective regions.
The person shall hold at least a Bachelors degree in a technical background from a leading university, and have excellent networking, communication and presentation skills.
- Recent graduate.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Hard working with a strong work ethics.
- Basic concept in technical field.
- Recent graduate
- Must have both writing skills, and outstanding interpersonal skills
- 2-wheeler with license
- Willingness to travel and work in the field if required
This role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of solving Nepal’s energy challenge by working with SunFarmer’s industry-leading team. Come join us!
How to apply?
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with an e-mail subject line “Engineering Intern”
DEADLINE: JUNE 9TH, 2017