We are currently looking for an Engineering intern to support our Business Development team. The candidate will perform a variety of roles to support SunFarmer’s solar projects and will report to the Business Development Manager of SunFarmer Nepal office in Kathmandu.
PV System Design
• Learn On-grid PV system design and development
• Perform Site Surveys of prospective sites and prepare survey reports
• Design on-grid systems for surveyed sites under supervision of senior engineers
Research & Development
• Research on the best practices of on-grid system design
• Study and optimize current Design and BoQ development techniques
• Develop a design report template that will be used for all future projects
• Study and improvise current Construction Drawing techniques
1. Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
2. Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
3. Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always working to improve your knowledge and skills
4. Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team. Willingness to put your team’s needs before your own and step up when needed is crucial
5. Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
6. Professionalism: You are organized and punctual, and you are a concise and efficient communicator. You are as comfortable presenting to business executives in Kathmandu as you are interacting with farmers in respective regions.
The person shall hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in a technical background (electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering) or currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a technical background from a leading university, and have excellent networking, communication and presentation skills.
Recent graduate/continuing student.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Basic concept in solar energy and electronics/automation.
Must have both writing skills, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
2-wheeler with license.
Willingness to travel and work in the field if required.
The next review of cadidates will be on April 22, 2019.
Send us your resume at email@example.com with the subject titled “Engineering Intern”.