Position type: Full-time
Location SunFarmer head office in Sankhamul, Kathmandu. Frequent travel to rural Nepal.
The organization SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before. Since January 2014, we have completed over 120 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer's head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
The role We are currently looking for a Product Analyst to join our Product Development Team. The candidate will play a key role in helping SunFarmer Nepal launch solar-energy products for a range of sectors such as healthcare, education, and agriculture. The candidate will report directly to our Senior Product Manager, and will be expected to perform a key customer facing role.
- Understand and analyze customer needs through data analysis, market research, and user research
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to evaluate product feasibility
- Lead the definition and development of new solar-powered products
- Author and update Product Requirements Document (PRD)
- Provide innovative solutions to highly complex problems
- Develop and rapidly test prototypes
- Lead cross-functional team (operations, engineering, marketing, etc.) to execute product strategy
- Support with the product marketing of new products
- Master’s degree from a leading university in one of the following areas: engineering, design, business, or international development
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a leading university
- 2+ years of experience in a program, product, or project management role
- Strong leadership skills (ability to lead cross-functional teams)
- Adaptable to changing responsibilities, markets, and environment
- Fluent in English and Nepali (written and verbal)
- Excited to travel to remote areas in Nepal
Why apply? This role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of solving Nepal’s energy challenge by working directly with SunFarmer’s customers. Come join us!
How to apply: Please email a resume, transcript, and cover letter stating your interest and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Product Manager”.