PRODUCT RESEARCH INTERN
Application Deadline: June 30th, 2017
Position type: 3-month
Location SunFarmer head office in Sanepa, Kathmandu. Extensive travel to project sites across Nepal.
The organization SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before. Since January 2014, we have completed over 120 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer's head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities We are currently looking for a Product Research Intern to join our Product Development Team. The candidate will play a key role in helping SunFarmer Nepal launch a new solar-energy product for farmers in Nepal. The candidate will report directly to our Senior Product Manager, and will be expected to perform a key customer facing role. Responsibilities include:
- Interview farmers across Nepal to understand their needs and preferences
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research methods to assess product/market fit
- Digitize and present all gathered data from various sources
- Prepare individual field visit reports based on the experience and formal/informal interactions with various stakeholders
- Provide routine written updates to the Product team on the progress and key findings
- Assist in creation of prototypes based on the feedback from farmers
- Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
- Adaptability: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always interested in learning how you can improve your knowledge and skills
- Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team
- Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
- Recent Bachelor's and Master's graduates or current students in their senior year of studies from a leading university
- Knowledge of the agriculture is preferred but not required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and Nepali (written and verbal)
- Experience in designing, conducting and analyzing field research
- Excited to travel to remote areas in Nepal
- Passionate about building innovative solar-energy products
Why apply? This role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of solving Nepal’s energy challenge by working directly with SunFarmer’s customers. Come join us!
How to apply: Please email a resume and transcripts to email@example.com with an e-mail subject line “Product Research Intern”