DIRECTOR OF SALES
Location: SunFarmer head office in Sanepa, Kathmandu. Some travel to project sites is expected.
The organization SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 120 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities:
We are currently looking for a highly experienced Director of Sales and Marketing that can help lead our Sales and Marketing Team. The candidate will report directly to the CEO of SunFarmer Nepal, and will be an important part of our rapidly growing organization. Responsibilities include:
- Sales planning, budgeting, forecasting: Set company sales plan, targets, and associated budgets
- Develop sales strategy: Prioritize which customers to target and how
- Execute sales: Develop deep relationships with customers and partners. Lead all communications and meetings – and close the deals!
- Manage sales team: Motivate team to close more sales, and help train junior salespeople to be excellent
- Sales processes: Work with SunFarmer leadership team to develop new sales processes and improve the way we work
- Marketing plan: Develop plan, goals, and associated budget for marketing to each customer segment
- Customer insights: onduct research to thoroughly understand our customers - so we know how to sell to them
- Thought leadership: Serve as a “thought leader” – speak at conferences and improve our knowledge base on how to do world class solar energy projects in developing countries
- Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
- Entrepreneurial spirit: e don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Willingness to dive in and learn: ou love getting things done, and you are always interested in learning how you can improve your knowledge and skills
- Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team
- Efficient and hard worker: e expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
The person shall hold a Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business from a leading university, and have excellent writing, communication and presentation skills (both in English and Nepali). Masters’ degree is preferred but not required.
- AT LEAST 4 years of professional experience in sales
- Must have AT LEAST one year of experience in the energy industry
- Must have ability to quickly build relationships with customers.
- Must have both strong analytical and writing / communication skills. Should be highly detail oriented and organized
- Willingness to travel to project sites
- Driving license (at least two wheeler)
Why apply? his role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of solving Nepal’s energy challenge by working with SunFarmer’s industry-leading team. Come join us!