TO APPLY: Send your CV (with school marks) and cover letter in an email with the subject line "Junior Solar Engineer" to firstname.lastname@example.org
JUNIOR SOLAR ENGINEER
Location: SunFarmer head office in Sanepa, Kathmandu. Some travel to project sites will be expected.
About SunFarmer: SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing new solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on being the “first” to create innovative energy solutions.
Our team is small and consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
Our head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities:
We are currently looking for a Junior Solar Engineer to join our rapidly expanding solar engineering team. The candidate will report directly to our Engineering Manager, and will be expected to serve a key role on our engineering and project management teams. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and test new solar energy and electrical technologies
- Conduct detailed energy audits at project sites to prepare for solar energy system design. Must be able to recognize electrical system related to wiring, safety, earthing, load balancing, etc.
- Assist in design institutional solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, and businesses
- Assist in overseeing of complex solar energy systems. Help manage contractors, vendors, customers
- Complete detailed reports and documentation regarding solar energy system. Create troubleshooting manuals and processes to ensure project success
- Complete various projects requiring knowledge of Computer Aided Drawing software (Autocad etc.)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or Google SketchUp, in both 2D and 3D
- Proficiency with microcontroller programming and hardware (ex., Atmel, Arduino , Raspberry Pi) as well as web programming
- Ability to understand complex electrical drawings
- Good working knowledge of solar energy
- Bachelor’s degree in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 1 year of professional experience
- Fluent in English and Nepali
- Strong communication skills
- 2-wheeler license
- Proficient with MS Office package and Internet research
- Willingness to travel to project sites
- Entrepreneurial spirit, a team player and a efficient and hard worker
- Proficiency with PVsyst and HOMER
- Familiarity with Solar PV installation
- Knowledge of electrical distribution system / LT panel
- Knowledge about communication system like Ethernet, RS 485, Serial communication
Why apply? This role is an exceptional opportunity for a junior-level engineer to accelerate their career by learning from some of the best solar engineers in the business.
Come join us!
TO APPLY: SEND YOUR CV (WITH SCHOOL MARKS) AND COVER LETTER IN AN EMAIL WITH THE SUBJECT LINE "JUNIOR SOLAR ENGINEER" TO HR@SUNFARMER.ORG.