Position: Marketing Intern
Location: SunFarmer head office in Sankhamul, Kathmandu. Travel to project sites is expected.
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 1,800 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to bring clean, reliable energy to Nepal. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Business Development Analyst to join and support our rapidly growing team. The candidate will support and report to our Business Development Manager in Kathmandu.
Marketing and Brand Strategy
Develop a comprehensive marketing and branding plan
Work closely with Business Development team to determine the most effective ways to market to customers and generate leads
Significantly raise SunFarmer’s profile and awareness in Nepal
Marketing and Brand Execution
E-mail campaigns: expand our e-mail list and implement newsletters and e-mail campaigns
Social Media: Expand our presence and reach
Develop Marketing materials: Develop all marketing materials and collateral, and update website with accurate messaging
1. Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
2. Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
3. Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always working to improve your knowledge and skills
4. Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team. Willingness to put your team’s needs before your own and step up when needed is crucial
5. Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
6. Professionalism: You are organized and punctual, and you are a concise and efficient communicator. You are as comfortable presenting to business executives in Kathmandu as you are interacting with farmers in respective regions.
The person shall hold at least a Bachelors degree from a leading university, and have excellent have excellent writing, communication and presentation skills (both in English and Nepali).
Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
Must have both analytic skills as well as very strong writing skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Proficient in using graphic design software’s
Must have writing skills in both English and Nepali
2-wheeler with license
Willingness to travel and work in the field
Deadline: 30th August 2019 (00:00 NST)
Why apply? This role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of solving Nepal’s energy challenge by working with SunFarmer’s industry-leading team. Come join us!
How to apply? Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with an e-mail subject line “Marketing Intern”.