MONITORING AND EVALUATION INTERN
Location: Select earthquake-affected districts and remote districts across Nepal
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 120 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Intern (M&E Interns) to conduct the baseline surveys for an international health project in select districts of Nepal. The M&E Intern will report jointly to the Project Manager and M&E Officer. You will be a key member of the SunFarmer Nepal Operations team, and will lead professionally rewarding M&E activities on successful completion of comprehensive M&E training provided by SunFarmer. Successful interns will be considered for full-time employment at SunFarmer Nepal.
● Represent SunFarmer in collaborating with the system installer teams, District Health Offices and local partners
● Create contact list of key personnel at health facilities, District Health Offices, and district partners who potentially can assist with routine data collection
● Conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection required for baseline surveys of health facility providers of 130 health facilities in Nepal
● Assist in creation of district-wise baseline data by collecting logbook data from each health facilities from each districts
● Provide routine written updates to the Project Manager on the progress
● Prepare individual field visit reports based on the experience and formal/informal interactions with various stakeholders
● Digitize all gathered data from various sources in predefined database
● Prepare an end report in team recommending ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of M&E activities
Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always interested in learning how you can improve your knowledge and skills
Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team
Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
● Recent university graduate or students in their senior year of studies from a leading university
● Major in Public Health or relevant degree in health education is preferred but not required
● Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills (both in English and Nepali)
● Experience in designing, conducting and analyzing field research
● Knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
● Must have both analytic skills as well as very strong writing skills
● Willingness to travel to project sites