MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
Location: SunFarmer head office in Sanepa, Kathmandu. Some travel to project sites is expected.
SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 120 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to join our rapidly expanding Operations Team. The candidate will report directly to our Operations Manager, and will be expected to perform a key customer facing role. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all SunFarmer customers and partners receive the best customer experience they every had
- Collect project impact data and prepare insights reports for the SunFarmer team and marketing initiatives
- Collect and analyze system performance data in regular intervals to identify product improvement opportunities
- Call customers regularly to ensure product performance and customer satisfaction
- Identify common issues and develop suitable solutions to handle inquiries in a timely manner
- Understand the basics of a solar systems to ensure all customer concerns are dealt with successfully
- Develop and maintain a strong professional relationship with the Engineering team to troubleshoot technical issues faced by the customers
- Manage and prioritize a high volume of internal and external inquires via email and phone
- Recognize fragile customers or situations need to be escalated to management
Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always interested in learning how you can improve your knowledge and skills
Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team
Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
- Bachelors degree from a leading university
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Fluent in English and Nepali (written and verbal)
- Willingness to travel to project sites
- Calm and positive manner, ability to handle escalated or angry customers
- Passionate about excellent customer service
Why apply? This role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of solving Nepal’s energy challenge by working directly with SunFarmer’s customers. Come join us!