Paropakar Maternity & Women's Hospital
Paropakar Maternity & Women's Hospital (Prashuti Griha) is a health care oriented institution for women established in August 1959. The hospital was renamed as "Paropakar Maternity & Women's Hospital” since 2nd December 2007 from “Paropakar Shree Panch Indra Rajya Laxmi Maternity Hospital”. It is situated on the north bank of Bagmati river, near Thapathali Bridge. The hospital is not only providing service to the people but it also carries a history of teaching-learning activities, training and research in reproductive health.
Paropakar Maternity & Women's Hospital currently operates 24 hours and 365 days in a year with three shifts in a day. Most critical equipment’s in the hospital are operated throughout the day and night. In the future, the hospital plans to expand with additional loads. The on-grid PV system at Prashuti is sized at 10.08 kW with 15 kVA on-grid inverter. The system does not have a battery bank and all the energy harvested during the day is fed directly into the distribution box to offset the energy consumption of the hospital.