Location: SunFarmer head office in Sanepa, Kathmandu. Some travel to project sites is expected.
The organization: SunFarmer Nepal Pvt. Ltd. builds world-class solar energy systems for hospitals, schools, businesses, and farms in Nepal. We specialize in introducing innovative solar technology and business models in Nepal; we pride ourselves on doing what has never been accomplished before! Since January 2014, we have completed over 120 solar energy projects in Nepal.
SunFarmer Nepal has a small team that consists of some of the leading solar engineers in Nepal. We are motivated by our desire to help solve Nepal’s energy crisis. Our office is fast-paced and high performing, but we also like to have fun together.
SunFarmer’s head office is in New York, USA and was started by experienced solar energy experts that have led over $1 billion USD in solar energy installations. We have connections to leading solar energy companies around the world, and our plan is to eventually replicate our work in Nepal in other developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Project Coordinator to join our rapidly expanding Operations Team. The candidate will report directly to our Operations Manager, and will be expected to perform a key customer facing role. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that SunFarmer projects meet all three criteria for project management: scope, timeline, and budget
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Engineering team to perform project related tasks which include: scheduling, site supervision, installation, engineering, quality control, procurement, and supplier management
- Ensure all work is executed safely
- Develop deep understanding of technology behind each project and product
- Communicate effectively with customers to ensure successful project delivery
- Leverage your understanding of basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly
- Develop positive professional working relationships with all contractors
- Manage and track contractor performance against contractual obligation
- Prepare documentation for change orders, progress statements, invoices, contract variations, and similar with respect to the execution of the work completed by the contractors
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management on a regular basis
Intellect: We have a high performing team, and we only hire the smartest, brightest people we can find. We especially value creative thinkers
Entrepreneurial spirit: We don’t tell you exactly what you should do – we expect all team members to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
Willingness to dive in and learn: You love getting things done, and you are always interested in learning how you can improve your knowledge and skills
Team player: SunFarmer is a great place to work; we look for colleagues that are enjoyable to be around, and that will work collaboratively as part of a team
Efficient and hard worker: We expect you to get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short amount of time – that means you have to work efficiently. However, we also work hard – when deadlines are tight, we do what it takes to get the job done
- Bachelors degree from a leading university
- Knowledgeable of project management principles
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Fluent in English and Nepali (written and verbal)
- Willingness to travel to project sites
Why apply? This role is an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of solving Nepal’s energy challenge by working directly with SunFarmer’s customers. Come join us!