Impact8's first peer-selected winner - SunFarmer! The competition was stiff!
You may have seen our tweets on our recent award! Here is some more info.
We are excited to have been peer-selected by our cohort for Impact8’s grant prize. Impact8 is a social enterprise incubator that is part of MaRS Centre for Impact Investing. The program took us and 7 other social enterprises through 8 intense weeks of workshops, mentorship, networking, peer learning, and opportunities to pitch for investment in front of impact investors. We learned a ton! Discussing everything from blended value business models; corporate structures; IP; market intelligence; impact measurement; marketing & communicating for impact; and financial fitness. Please take a look at our fellow classmates and the great initiatives they are leading. Having so many great enterprises select SunFarmer is an honour.
- Learning Bird – A disruptive educational tool benefiting students and educators.
- Local Buttons – The fashion industry is broken, Local Buttons is determined to be a part of fixing it
- Detailing Knights – Doing fantastic things for youth employment and the environment.
- Iron Fish - 3.5 billion people across the globe suffer from iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia. These guys are well on their way to solving.
- Sumac – Being an entrepreneur is tough; being a food entrepreneur is even tougher. Thankfully, we have Sumac enabling foodies across Toronto!
- Rain Grid – With climate change resulting in increasingly violent storms, rainfall is becoming a massive issue for cities to handle. RainGrid’s technology needs to be installed in every city!
- GrantBook – Giving ain’t easy. GrantBook knows this and is using the cloud and some great software integration to make it easier. Now grant dollars are going to grants, not overhead.
Wow. After putting the above list together, I can’t believe we won! We want to also thank Trish Nixon for leading Impact 8 and bringing on some great resources to help us: TMX - Equicom, Miller Thomson, KPMG, RBC, MaRS, The Young Foundation and Matter & Co. Stay tuned for updates on how we use the grant $'s and media package!